If your huge vacuum cleaner just isn’t cutting it, then it may be time to consider getting a 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner. These are extremely convenient devices that you can use on hardwood floors, carpets, and for multi-surface purposes. They might not be able to provide the deep cleaning that your regular upright vacuum can, but you can still trust a 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner for a quick clean and tidy-up of your home.
In this article, we have compiled a list of some of the best 2-in-1 vacuum cleaners according to customer reviews, as well as some factors that you should consider when you purchase one.
- What is a 2-in-1 Vacuum?
- What Should You Look For?
- The Best 2-In-1 Vacuum Cleaners
- 1. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-In-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. MOOSOO Cordless Vacuum 4-In-1 Powerful Suction Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Orfeld Stick Vacuum 4-in-1 Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. Roomie Tec Cordless 2-in-1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. Bissell Adapt Ion Pet Lithium Ion 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum
What is a 2-in-1 Vacuum?
Essentially, 2-in-1 vacuums are convenient devices that you can use all throughout your home and on all kinds of surfaces. It is a combination of a stick vacuum and a handheld vacuum. The transition is usually accomplished with the push of a button. They are lightweight, portable, and you can get under all kinds of surfaces with these vacuums. In addition, they tend to be bagless, making the process of emptying the dust cup much easier.
What Should You Look For?
When you’re on the hunt for a good 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner, there are several factors that you will want to consider so that you can get the right option for your needs.
- Charge time: Most of the 2-in-1 vacuums that we’re going to feature on this list are cordless, which means that they won’t hold a charge as long as corded vacuums do. They run on batteries, which means that you won’t have a long time to clean. In general, you can rely on a cordless vacuum to run between 20 and 40 minutes, which might be completely fine if you live in a smaller home. That is generally enough time to go through all the main rooms in your home. Some vacuums enable you to charge them halfway through. In addition, keep in mind that it will take a few hours for the 2-in-1 stick vacuums to achieve a full charge.
- Filter: Perhaps one of the most important features of any vacuum cleaner is the filter. Ones with HEPA filters, in particular, are all the rage right now. These filters are able to eliminate 99.99 percent of microscopic bacteria in the air, trap dirt and dust, and purify the air you breathe as well. These are better than the average filter due to the fact that it traps far more dust and debris, which will keep the air you breathe cleaner. If you are someone who has allergies or breathing problems, you will especially want to look for an HEPA filter. Also, keep in mind that you will need to change out the filter every few months or so. Some of them are washable.
- Attachments: Pay attention to the attachments that your 2-in-1 vacuum comes with. See if it has a motorized floor head to clean carpets, or the soft floor head that works with hardwood floors. In addition, you can opt to get a 2-in-1 vacuum and mop, which can work to mop your floors as well.
- Design: The design of your 2-in-1 vacuum is also something to pay attention to. Generally, these are smaller and more lightweight than your average vacuum cleaner, which is ideal. This is great for people who live in smaller homes or who want something portable and lightweight. You will want to make sure that it’s easy to switch between the stick and handheld features. Most options on the market can achieve this with the push of a button. Also, most 2-in-1 vacuum cleaners can stand on their own, but some don’t, so you will want to keep an eye out for that.
- Floors it can clean: In addition, you will want to make sure that the 2-in-1 vacuum of your choice is able to clean the floors in your home. Many of them are able to clean hard floors, but check about carpets and other surfaces. We have included some options that are able to clean carpets, rugs, and upholstery. If you have pets, make sure that the 2-in-1 vacuum is able to pick up pet hair. Remember that these don’t have as powerful of a motor as some other vacuums do.
The Best 2-In-1 Vacuum Cleaners
The first option on our list is from Eureka with 4 out of 5 stars and nearly 25,000 ratings. The extremely cost-effective vacuum has a 3-in-1 design with a crevice tool so you can customize the vacuum. The best part is that the 2-in-1 vacuum only weighs 4 pounds, so you can take it anywhere and use it with no difficulty. It has great maneuverability and high cleaning efficiency.
The capture nozzle can pick up larger debris, and is great to use on hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets. The motor is able to pick up dust and pollen, and the filtration system can improve your air quality. It has an 18 inch power cord and a huge dust cup so you don’t have to stop as often to get the job done.
This next 2-in-1 vacuum provides up to 28 minutes of cordless running time. Like the last option, it has 4 out of 5 stars and tens of thousands of reviews. The vacuum has been upgraded to house a powerful motor to pick up all sorts of debris, dust, and even pet hair. You can use this vacuum on hard floors, carpet, stairs, windowsills, curtains, and other surfaces.
It also features an HEPA filter system, which removes 99.99 percent of microscopic dust and purifies the air. The 2-in-1 vacuum has two adjustable modes that can adapt to the floor you’re cleaning and give you full use of the battery.
The 2-in-1 vacuum is also extremely lightweight; the main machine only weighs 3.3 pounds, and it comes with different attachments to enable you to carry out different tasks. The battery can achieve a full charge in as little as 5.5 hours.
Here is yet another 4-in-1 vacuum cleaner that had 4.5 out of 5 stars. It works as a stick vacuum, upright vacuum, and handheld vacuum. In addition, this vacuum is both cordless and portable. The easy empty dirt and dust cup collects all debris from your floors. The vacuum also features a powerful motor with 120 watts of suction.
If you use the cordless vacuum on low power, the battery life can last up to 40 minutes, which is enough for a one-time clean of an average home. It features a self-standing design so you can simply stop and start whenever you want. The folding handle can bend up to 180 degrees to get under furniture and help you avoid bending over.
It is a cost-effective 2-in-1 stick vacuum that you will surely get a lot of use from.
The next 2-in-1 vacuum is from Roomie Tec. With 4 out of 5 stars, it’s clear that customers trust the capabilities of this option. You can switch from the upright stick vacuum to the handheld vacuum with just the touch of a button. It can clean up dirt, dust, and debris on all different surfaces. In addition, the powerful suction can pick up even more dust and debris than before.
It has a long-lasting battery to provide 23 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning, which is great for a powerful and cordless 2-in-1 vacuum and carpet cleaner such as this one. The vacuum also has 6 LED corner lights so you can see under furniture.
The final cordless stick vacuum cleaner on our list of 2-in-1 vacuum cordless cleaners is from Bissell. It has 4.5 out of 5 stars. With a dust cup capacity of .45 liters, you will be able to carry out quick pick-ups and daily cleans using this stick vacuum. The cord-free vacuum also has a removable hand vacuum to clean surfaces, as well as a folding handle to reach under surfaces.
In addition, the lightweight stick vacuum can clean dirt and dust, as well as messes from your pets.
While 2-in-1 vacuums might not be able to replace your regular upright vacuum, they can be extremely convenient for people who live in smaller homes and who want to do some everyday cleaning. With the right 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner, you will be able to effectively tidy your home and keep it free of dust, debris, dirt, and even pet hair. Most of the time, these are able to work on all sorts of surfaces, so you can use the vacuum all over your home.
Now you know what you need to look for when selecting a 2-in-1 vacuum, and we’ve provided you with some options to make the task of finding the perfect vacuum much easier.