More and more people have been relying on the convenience provided by countertop ovens. These are rather small yet powerful tools that will allow you to cook virtually anything you want to in a fraction of the time that you would with a regular oven. You will end up saving a lot of money and plus, they’re great options for people who have smaller kitchens.
Brava is a brand that has come out with its own countertop oven. While the oven is much more expensive than many of its counterparts, it also is considered to be among the best in terms of quality and power.
In this review, we will discuss some of the different things you should look for in a countertop oven and whether or not we think the Brava Smart Oven is worth the price.
Countertop ovens are lifesavers for a lot of people. You will be able to cook your food in a fraction of the time and they give you the ability to cook all kinds of different foods, including bread, rotisserie, and more. But, there are some things that you should look out for when you’re shopping for a countertop oven.
Here are some of the most important criteria to keep an eye out for.
- The size: Generally, people purchase countertop ovens if using the regular oven causes an inconvenience or if they don’t live in a large space. You will want to make sure that you take thorough measurements of your space to see if your kitchen can accommodate it. You also will need to have enough counter space.
- What can it cook?: It’s also important to double-check what the countertop you have in mind is able to cook. Many of them will allow you to toast, bake, fry, and more, but there are also countertop ovens that give you the option of dehydrating and reheating your food.
- Capacity: It’s also important to check the capacity of the oven. Some of them will allow you to cook different foods at the same time. Others are large enough for cooking an entire pizza, chicken, and more. The capacity of these kinds of ovens tends to range between 10 and 40 liters.
- Accessories: It may also be important to see what kinds of accessories your countertop oven will come with. These accessories may include trays, small pans, and more. They are meant to help enhance your cooking experience.
- Temperature: It’s also important that you check out the temperature that the countertop oven you’re looking at is able to reach. This is due to the fact that some foods cook at different temperatures than others, so you will want to be sure that you can cook your favorite meals without difficulty.
- Power: Finally, you will want to see how powerful the countertop oven is. Some of them are more powerful than others. The good thing about having a powerful oven is that it will cook your food a lot faster, but you will have to pay more in your electric bill.
Brava Convection Oven Overview
The Brava oven’s dimensions are 11.3 x 16.4 x 17.3 inches. It weighs 34.4 pounds. This oven is perfect for those who need to cook for 1 to 4 people at a time, but it might not be the best if you’re cooking for more.
The company claims that this oven has the ability to cook up to 4 times faster than a toaster oven or a convection oven.
You will be able to cook multiple foods at the same time, so if you’re planning a larger meal, this will be a good feature for you. It is essentially 10 appliances in one due to all the functions the oven has, and you won’t need to preheat it as it is capable of reaching 500 degrees in 1 second.
This countertop oven has the capability of being an oven, microwave, grill, sous vide, frying pan, pizza oven, and broiler in one device. It’s easy to clean and you can make any meal you want to with it.
The accessories that you will get with this oven depend on the version that you purchase. If you get the starter set, it will come with a TempSensor, glass tray, metal tray, and Brava Plus membership.
If you choose the chef’s choice set, you get everything that comes with the starter set in addition to extra trays, a chef’s pan, and an egg tray.
This oven is more expensive than many of the options on the market. The starter set costs $1,095 and the chef’s choice set costs $1,295.
If you want to see the oven in action, then check out this YouTube review.
Pros and Cons of the Brava Oven
According to many Brava oven reviews, there seem to be a few factors that people loved more than others. Here are the pros and cons of the oven according to customers.
- It has breakthrough technology and lots of different functions to choose from when you want to eat.
- It has a small footprint and does not utilize as much electricity as some other options might.
- It works well if you’re cooking for 1 to 4 people.
- The oven comes with meal kits that make cooking a lot easier. You practically don’t have to do much in terms of prep.
- It has non-stick surfaces for an easier clean.
- It thoroughly cooks your meals at a fast speed.
- The oven is not big enough for you to cook meals for a lot of people.
- It’s not the best at making eggs.
- The oven has an interface that is a bit difficult to get used to.
In this Brava oven review, we discussed some of the best features that the product has to offer. If you are someone who is able to spend over $1,000 on an oven, then this is a good option for you.
It also will require you to have some knowledge of technology in order to figure out its interface. If this doesn’t sound like you, however, there are cheaper options that are easier to use.