Convection microwave ovens have been all the rage lately due to all the cooking options that we provide. One of the more popular options is the Cuisinart CMW-200 and the ovens made by Cuisinart in general. This Cuisinart microwave is unique because it is spacious and provides you with many different features for how you want to cook or reheat your food.
In this article, we will attempt to answer your questions about whether you should get a combination convection microwave oven, and we will also provide an in-depth Cuisinart convection microwave review.
If you have been thinking about purchasing a Cuisinart convection oven, there are undoubtedly a lot of questions that you may have. Here, we will attempt to answer some of them.
- What is the best convection microwave oven to buy? This is very individual and it will depend on your needs and what you’re looking for in this product. There were plenty of people who liked and did not like this Cuisinart CMW-100 product, which we will discuss in more detail in a later section.
- Are convection microwaves worth it? Many customers indeed believe that it is worth purchasing a convection oven. One of the main components of these ovens is that they feature multi-stage cooking, which will give you plenty of options for cooking your food. Whether you simply want to reheat your food or you want to cook entire meals, convection ovens claim to be able to do this in half the time a regular oven would. This makes them the best appliances for any kitchen if you’re busy often with work or school.
- Is there a Cuisinart microwave convection oven combo? Yes! In fact, the Cuisinart CMW-200 is an example of one, which we will explain in more detail in the next section. Many convection ovens do include a microwave component, which is what makes them so versatile and essential.
Here are some more criteria that you will want to consider.
- Features and functions. Most of these units come with multiple features that you can make use of. These features will allow you to do anything from reheating to baking to frying and even grilling. You can even choose to prepare certain foods. Look for the features and functions you like and see whether or not the oven can accommodate some of your favorite foods.
- Size. Size also is an important component. Some people have smaller kitchens and are looking for a countertop appliance. Also, you will want to consider how many people you cook for on average so you can make a better choice. Some of these microwaves have larger capacities than others, so pay attention to the dimensions as well as the capacity.
The Cuisinart Microwave Oven and Grill CMW-200 is compelling due to the fact that it’s manufactured by such a well-known company. This oven is made of stainless steel, meaning that it’s meant to last. The stainless steel material also makes the CMW-200 oven easy to clean and maintain.
Perhaps two of the most important features of this CMW-200 product are its functions. It has many cooking options for you to choose from, ensuring that you will get a lot of use out of it. The nine preset cooking options include popcorn, potato, beverage, roast chicken, pizza, cake, frozen vegetable, fresh vegetable, and reheat.
This Cuisinart CMW-200 oven also has 8 functions, including memory, defrost, keep warm, microwave, convection fast bake, convection roast, convection, and grill/combo. When defrosting food, you can choose to either defrost it based on weight or time.
You also can use the convection bake option with or without the microwave.
This Cuisinart oven is also quite large- it either comes in 1.0 or 1.2 cubic feet- which means that you will find plenty of use for it. The external dimensions are 20.4 x 12.8 x 17.5 inches. The grill comes with a rotating glass tray and a reversible grill rack. It operates using 1,000 watts.
The oven also has touchpad controls. In addition, it comes with an instruction booklet on how to use a convection microwave grill. For the convection feature, it comes with a fan that helps to keep the heat evenly distributed. It can also work as a toaster oven.
One of the best features of this product is the fact that it has a 3-year warranty, which you will be able to make use of should you run into any problems.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Cuisinart CMW-200 according to customer reviews.
- The Cuisinart CMW-200 oven is very spacious and gives you plenty of room for cooking anything you want.
- The multiple cooking options will allow you to get a lot of use out of this Cuisinart CMW-200 oven.
- It has a multi-stage cooking system so you can cook several foods in one setting, then it will change to the next setting of your choice, which saves time.
- It comes with a rotating glass tray and grill rack for easier cooking.
- Customers like the fact that it offers the convenience of both a microwave and an oven in one model, saving you time.
- It works great for reheating leftovers without leaving them soggy and wet.
- Some people argued that the Cuisinart CMW-200 parts were cheap and wore down quickly.
- Some customers said that the warranty of this product was not upheld by customer service.
- People did not like the fact that it preheats rather slowly.
- Others said that the microwave oven + convection grill made it perform less-than-perfectly.
There were quite a number of negative reviews for the Cuisinart CMW-200 microwave and convection oven, many stating that it did not last a very long time.
So, we would say that you should proceed with caution. While many of the features that this countertop oven has to offer seemed like the best of both worlds, there were reviews stating otherwise.
It can make for a good option if you’re on the go and too busy to cook, but there seem to be other options that will work better.