Nothing is more frustrating than a ruining a homemade meal in the kitchen. You get all the ingredients, invest all this time, following the instructions, only for the most dismal of results. When it comes to sauces and soups, sometimes we just don’t have the time to sit and stir for hours.
That is why automatic stirrers are so handy. They do the stirring for us so we can focus on other parts of our meal or better yet, take a break! In this article I will go over the top 5 best automatic pot stirrers so that you don’t have spend hours looking at different reviews to find the one that works the best for you!
The Best Automatic Pot Stirrer
- The Cost: Robostir is definitely one of the cheapest automatic stirrers for cooking on the market. At a retail price under $20 you can take a chance on this product with relatively little to lose.
- Easy To Use: All you need to do is pop in some double A batteries and press the button for your apparatus to start working with different stirring speeds. It can be used in a variety of different pots, including ceramic cooking sets, steel, or iron without any scrapes or burns.
- Safety: This product claims to be able to withstand temperatures of up to 200 degrees. It is also three legged with silicon feet to ensure that the appliance doesn’t slip.
- The Cost: Wait a minute, didn’t I just say that the cost was one of the pros of this product? Well it is. Sometimes. When ordering the Robostir via device on some websites, you may be bamboozled into buying extra features or an extra automatic stirrer so that your small investment could quickly rise in cost. If you want extra trimmings to your appliance then go for it, but if you want to only try out the single appliance, Amazon.com has the best option that will ensure you are only paying what you see on the screen.
- Versatility: Although the product claims to be able to stir a variety of liquid-based products like stews, soups, sauces, ect, this product is definitely not a heavy duty tool. Dough or even thick stews are probably not going to be sufficiently stirred. The depth of the stirrer is also not very great, so very high pots made for large stews/ sauces are not going to be stirred at the base of the pot as well as it could be.
- Power: The only way to power this product is through batteries, which may not be a big deal to you, but keep that in mind if you’d like a product that plugs in.
If you’re curious about trying an automatic stirrer but want little commitment, this product will most likely suit your needs. It’s adequate for stirring thin sauces and soups but not for heavy duty meals. If you aren’t an extremely adventurous cook that makes small meals and want a simple and cheap product this one might be the best fit for you.
- Heavy Duty: This tool has two thick clamps with arms that are very unlikely to ever detach even when stirring thick products. The one sized blade is thick and durable, able to make anything from stew to pudding to thin sauce. It is also able to withstand scalding
- Easy Cleanup: Everything but the motor (obviously) is machine washable, making the cooking and cleanup as easy as pie!
- Longevity: This product is chargeable and also lasts for a long time. If you have to stir a sauce for an hour or so then you can be confident that this automatic sauce stirrer will be working at top quality for the entire duration. It’s also convenient to be able to charge the stirrer once you are finished.
- Fitting: The adjustable clamps are not as versatile as they could be. You can place this product on a variety of different pots with different sizes and different types. (Anything from 5.9 to 9.8 inches wide to 2.9 and 7 inches tall) but if you’d like to make a huge batch of jam or soup then this tool will not be able to deeply stir your food.
- Cost: With the price just under $50, this product is not a frivolous buy.
This product is much more professional than some automatic pot stirrers, however, the price is also higher. If you want an adjustable heavy duty product that can make a variety of soups, sauces, puddings, and stews and are willing to pay a little extra, then this product will fit your needs.
- Easy Storage: The stainless steel middle can easily be dismantled from the three paddles which allows for convenient storage.
- Easy Cleanup: This product, aside from the motor, again, is machine washable which most of us can appreciate.
- The Bonus Content: One of the most unique features of the StirChef automatic sauce stirrer is that it comes with a little recipe book to give you plenty of ideas as to what to use your new product on!
- Long-term Use: Customers rave that this product has lasted them throughout the years, so this product should last you for the long haul.
- Fitting: Customers have complained about the lack of fitting versatility regarding this product. This product can fit most common pots but has been known to fall off of larger pans.
- Strength: This product isn’t known for their strength and speed of their paddles. For the average soup/sauce this product should work fine, but keep this in mind if you’re finding yourself stirring heavy food.
- Cost: Considering this product is not as versatile as it could be, the cost is quite high. It normally retails over $50 but if you go onto Amazon you can find lightly used models.
All in all, this product seems to do a good job but is overpriced at its normal retail price. Luckily there are plenty of lightly used options on Amazon so that you can get this product at a cheaper price. Although you might not be able to do large, heavy duty foods, this adjustable product is known to be long lasting and will work for your basic needs for years to come.
- Rechargeable: The long lasting charge of this product is definitely one of it’s best features. Whereas some automatic stirrers for cooking lose their power within an hour or two this product can go strong for several hours and then easily be recharged.
- Warranty: For only about $3-4 you can get a 3 to 4 year warranty on your product. (That’s only $1 a year!) You can feel safe knowing that if your product busts at any time within those several years you can get your money back.
- Versatility: The adjustable clamp that attaches to the pot allows for you to be able to use this product on almost any pot, and the length that the mixing portion of this tool can extend to is definitely longer than other automatic pot stirrers.
- Speeds: There is definitely a lack of fast speeds which is a bummer if you’re looking to make a finely whipped pudding or need to quickly beat your sauce in order to avoid burning.
- Paddle Width: The paddle, although long, is not very wide, meaning the paddle cannot stir thick concoctions as well as an automatic sauce stirrer with a wide blade could. This might affect the thickness of cream products, but shouldn’t be an issue for most soups and stews and some sauces.
This product is right around $50 which for the overall quality is reasonable. Although the speed of the StirMate automatic pot stirrer is not up to par for some recipes, for generic soups, sauces and stews this product would make a great addition to your kitchen.
- The Cost: This automatic sauce stirrer is just under $30
- Speeds: Unlike several of the other mixers we have looked at today, this product has three different speeds, making the range of foods you can make with it a lot greater.
- Easy Cleanup: The three legged end can be detached and cleaned in the dishwasher. Simple and easy!
- Poor Performance: How else can I say this? The vibrating factor of this does not work very well. For gravy or light sauces this will work fine, for heavier sauces, stews, etc. I wouldn’t use this product.
- Small Pot Coverage: Again, this product is not a heavy duty automatic pan stirrer. It’s meant for sauces and gravy only. It’s width and height is small, therefore you should not attempt to make any large portions or use deep pots.
For a cheap and convenient product, the Uutensil pan Stirrer is a decent apparatus. It’s good for sauces and gravy but not for thick or deep dishes.
In Conclusion – Automatic Pot Stirrer Reviews
Depending on your needs any one of these products mentioned could be a good fit for you. For cheap, simple and basic needs, Robostir and Uutensil Stir might be the best. For heavy duty professional products, consider the Gourmia Stirrer or Stirchef. However, for the average person looking for a good range of use but affordable price that will last for a long time, I would recommend the StirMATE product. Take your time in evaluating this automatic stirrer review in order to access what your main needs are and which one will be the best automatic pot stirrer for your home.
Check out other handy kitchen tools: