A good food sealing system can save you lots of bucks. It is a must-have accessory in your home. From increasing the shelf life of the food to protecting the food from freezer burns, a Ziploc vacuum sealer can do it all for you.
Our Top Pick of Ziploc Vacuum Sealer:
- Wrap your food will help prevent freezer burn, mold and mildew
- There is never a cord laying around
- Price under $50
- Flat, without any wrinkles in the plastic
When it comes to purchasing a vacuum sealer, there are many different brands to consider and choosing the best one can be an overwhelming experience for you. You may want to read vacuum sealer reviews, but you may find your answer here. One such brand that can be used for everything from sealing food to sealing clothing to save space is the Ziploc Vacuum Sealer.
Ziploc is a brand that needs no introduction. It has been around for over 50 years and has become one of the best household names. They offer many different sealers that each have their own purpose. This article will cover some of the best Ziploc Sealers used for sealing food, giving you the information you need to make the decision that works best for you. Have a look at our Ziploc vacuum sealer system reviews before you make your mind to purchase one:
The Ziploc vacuum sealer v159 weighs around 2.2 pounds and measures about in at 7.5 x 4.5 x 19 inches, which means it is pretty small in size and would not consume much of your counter space.
It is sleek and is available in black color only. When purchasing this item, you will receive one accessory hose, three Ziploc Quart Bags, two Ziploc Gallon Bags, one Ziploc 0.5L canister and one universal adapter. Precisely, it brings along all its accessories, so you don’t have to buy them yourself.
From the adapter to the Ziploc vacuum sealer bags, everything is included in the package. It not just locks the food but the flavor and freshness as well, keeping the food all fresh and ready to eat. Due to all these reasons, this model definitely tops our list of seal a meal reviews.
- Using this appliance to wrap your food will help prevent freezer burn, mold and mildew. It will keep frozen meats and vegetables fresh for much longer, meaning bulk items can be purchased. This will help with the budget and make the consumer more environmentally friendly, as well.
- If you are someone who is particular about your kitchen you will appreciate that the cord tucks in behind the unit so there is never a cord laying around.
- This sealer is also easily affordable, coming in under $50.
- Some consumer reviews mentioned that the bags don’t seal all the time. If the bag isn’t held in place properly (flat, without any wrinkles in the plastic) it can cause the bag let air in.
Check Out Ziploc’s Rival: Click Here
Looking at the Ziploc vacuum sealer v203 reviews, this model is loved by everyone out there. If you like white color or there are white appliances in your house, this sealer will fit right in. It weighs two pounds more than the V159 but is roughly the same size at 18 x 8.2 x 10.8 inches. It can also be used to seal wet as well as dry food, including sauces, meats, and pasta. This is why; it is safe to call this model a versatile one.
Most of the people are unaware how to use Ziploc vacuum sealer? But trust me, this one is very simple to use and is a model that does not require a lot of maintenance. It is simple and user-friendly with only three buttons. First, the bag needs to be cut and then placed on the strip inside the machine.
The lid then gets slapped down, and the seal button gets pushed, creating the seal on the third side of the bag. Once the bag has been filled with the vegetables or meat, the other side of the bag is sealed. This time the Vacuum and Seal button is selected. There is also a cancel button if it is required, so you are always on the safe side.
- According the Ziploc Vacuum Sealer V203 reviews, many consumers found the sealer to work well for their needs. The bags are durable and easily cut to customize the size depending on the amount of food to be sealed.
- The cancel button can be used at any time during the vacuuming and sealing process, which allows the user to be in control of how much liquid remains in the bag before it is closed.
- This product also comes in different colours, allowing you have a unique appliance in your kitchen.
- It is not a quiet machine. As the air is sucked out of the bag, the pump makes a lot of noise. Some reviewers have found it annoying.
- Another downfall of this appliance is the drip tray – it isn’t removable. This means the user has to have a rag on hand to wipe it down between uses. This could lead to unsanitary conditions with the bags.
- Finally, there are several reviews that mention the bags don’t seal very well. While some of it may just be the operator and not the appliance, it seems to be a common issue. So, if using the V203, make sure to place the bag exactly as instructed and hold it flat.
When you compare vacuum sealers, there is no way that you can forget this incredible Ziploc model. This appliance is significantly larger than the V203 or V159, weighing in at approximately 11 pounds. It will also take up more counter space with the measurements being 22.5 x 12 x 17.5 inches but trust me, the features it offers are equally amazing as compared to the two reviewed above.
The larger size allows for a couple more features for the V366 over the other two. It has a storage for the roll and has programmable marinating. This one also comes with a universal adapter for canisters and zipper bags, making it a more versatile appliance.
- Storage for the bag roll means that less storage space is needed in your cupboards. While it may take up more space on your counter, everything can be found in one place.
- Like the previous two Ziploc Vacuum Sealer Systems, this one has easy to use buttons making the process of creating a bag and sealing the food very simple. With the marinating option the user can control how much of the liquid is being removed from the bag.
- The universal adapter also allows consumers to use other accessories with their Ziploc Vacuum Sealer, such as the FoodSaver jar covers or bottle stoppers.
- The fact that it comes in a nice black and stainless steel colour only adds to its appeal.
- This unit is bigger than the other two and will take up more space on the counter.
- The V366 is also slightly more expensive than its counterparts. Where the V159 and V203 are around $50 to purchase the V366 is just shy of $90. Though with all of the extra options, it’s probably worth it.
- There are not very many consumer reviews on this product yet so there could be unknown flaws in the sealer.
Compare Vacuum Sealers
– Ziploc V159 vs V203
These two Ziploc food sealing systems are quite similar, but the V203 comes in with slightly higher commercial value. The V159 is more lightweight with a sleeker design, while the V203 is a bit heavier but does the job faster. Both sealing systems can utilize the same size bags.
Weight: V203 is 2 pounds heavier
Size: V159 is 1 inch wider
Bag Size: Same Bag Size
Speed: V203 is faster
The Ziploc Vacuum Sealer Systems are pretty standard. They are affordable options for those who can’t purchase the more expensive sealers. If you’re looking for something small that won’t be used a lot the V159 or the V203 may be the way to go. If you want something that has more lasting power and is meant for everyday use, the V366 is probably your best bet.