Induction stoves are an amazing feat in technology. Unlike conventional gas and electric stoves, they do not use as much energy. They produce an electromagnetic field that will create energy around the glass surface, turning the stove into a heater that will heat the bottom of the pan.
You need to make sure that you have the proper cookware in order to use induction stoves. The stove is meant to stay cool to the touch and it will cook your food very fast.
One of the more popular induction stoves on the market is the NuWave Portable Induction Stove. NuWave is popular for many of its different kitchen appliances, so it is safe to assume that this induction stove will also be of high-quality.
If you were on the hunt for a good induction stove, here is our review of the NuWave Cooktop.
Before going into more detail about the NuWave Portable Induction Stove, here are some things that you will want to keep in mind when shopping for a good induction stove.
- Temperature settings: One important feature of the induction stove is that it needs to have the appropriate temperature settings. The range in temperature that these stoves are able to accommodate depends on the individual stove, but you will want to make sure that it gets hot enough for you to cook what you’d like.
- Safety features: You also want to make sure that the induction stove comes with appropriate safety features such as a safety sensor and automatic shut-off. These will help to provide you with the best cooking experience and it will keep you and your family safe in the event that overheating occurs.
- Portability: If you have a smaller kitchen, perhaps you will not have enough room to be able to fit a proper stove. Or perhaps you are someone who enjoys cooking outdoors frequently. Whatever the case, this is where portability comes in handy. This is not an important feature for some people, but if you need a portable stove, you will want to make sure that the one you choose suits your needs.
- Cooktop size: It will also be important for you to check out the size of the cooktop. This is due to the fact that you need to purchase cookware that is the same size as the stove in order for it to work properly.
The NuWave Hotplate is an induction stove that works with magnetic cookware. Often, when you go to look for pots and pans, you will be able to see in the product descriptions whether or not these pots and pans are induction-capable.
You cannot use regular cookware with an induction stove. The magnet in the induction plate needs to stick to the bottom of the pot in order for it to work properly.
The NuWave Portable Induction Cooktop is unique in that you have many temperature settings to choose from depending on what you need to cook. It has 6 pre-programmed settings, but you also will be able to cook at 52 different temperatures ranging from 100 to 575 degrees.
It has up to 100 hours of program memory and performance and it uses 70 percent less energy than a conventional stovetop.
With the use of this induction stove, your options are unlimited when it comes to what and how you can cook. You will be able to use this stove to boil, simmer, saute, steam, sear, barbecue, grill, melt, deep fry, and more.
The stove also has technology such as an automatic shut-off when the pot needs to be removed from the base to keep you and your family safe.
Another great feature that people particularly appreciated was the fact that this stove is small and portable. The dimensions are 14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 inches, so you will be able to take this stove with you anywhere if necessary. If you have a small kitchen, you will have no difficulty being able to store this product. The cooktop itself is 9 inches in diameter.
At the moment, the NuWave induction cooktop can be purchased on Amazon.
Here is a video of the induction cooktop in use.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the NuWave Portable Induction Cooktop according to NuWave PIC Reviews.
- The NuWave Induction Cooktop allows you to boil, simmer, saute, deep fry, sear, grill, and steam all in one portable device.
- You can set the temperature up to 575 degrees and it has 6 pre-programmed temperature settings.
- You will be able to take this induction stove with you wherever you want.
- It can be stored even in smaller kitchens.
- The NuWave hotplate will not allow harmful chemicals to get into the air when you cook.
- Using an induction stove will help you to save electricity.
- Many people were pleased with how easy it is to clean this stove according to NuWave Cooktop reviews.
- Since this is an induction stove, you can only cook using ferrous cookware. This means that you will have to buy all new cookware if you typically enjoy cooking food with ironless pots, ceramic, or glass.
- You also have to make sure that the pots and pans you purchase will match the size of the cooktop stove.
- Some people were disappointed in the amount of time it took for this induction stove to boil water.
There are several pros and cons with induction stoves that you will want to take into consideration prior to purchasing one, but overall, many customers seem to think that the NuWave PIC stove is worth the purchase.
You will be able to reduce your cooking time and cook virtually any food that you want to on it. The stove is also portable, so you can take it with you wherever you go and you can store it easily in your kitchen.
Whether or not you should purchase it depends on what you want to do in the kitchen, but if you were looking for a good induction stove, then this is a great option to consider.
You Might Also Like: Best Stovetop Griddle Pan Reviews