If you have pets that shed, it might be difficult to clean up all their hair. That is why it is a good idea to invest in a good vacuum. The best pet vacuums can get deep into your floors to remove all the pet hair and dirt, giving you a clean and fresh home.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about getting a vacuum for your pets, as well as a list of the best options according to vacuum for pet hair reviews.
Different Types of Pet Hair Vacuums
First, it is important to discuss the different types of vacuums for pet hair so you can make a more informed decision.
- Upright: These are the most typical vacuums that you will find on the market. They work best for cleaning large areas due to their wide design. They help to give your home a thorough and powerful cleaning and come with plenty of accessories and functions to make the job easier. These tend to be heavier than the rest due to all the functions that they provide, but there are some lightweight options as well. They come in a range of prices, brands, and colors to choose from. Another great feature of these kinds of vacuums is that they will generally be able to work on both bare floors and carpeted floors.
- Stick: Stick vacuums are the least powerful of all the options listed, but they are able to get into small and narrow spaces that might have been difficult otherwise with a regular vacuum. They also tend to work very well on surfaces such as hardwood floors, light carpets, and area rugs. They come with long handles and they have a rather slender build.
- Robot: Robot vacuums are an innovative dream for most people. As the name suggests, all you have to do is press a button and the robot vacuum will clean your home on its own. Because of their compact size, robot vacuums have the ability to get under chairs and other furniture. They come with their own charging dock, which is where they rest when not in use. These might not be the best if you have pets, but we will tell you the best robot vacuum for pet hair.
- Canister: Canister vacuums are powerful and allow you to get the job done quickly. There is a separate canister added to the long wand, which will allow you to clean carpets and bare floors. The canister has wheels on it and the wand part is handheld. These are great whether you want to clean your whole house or special surfaces. However, keep in mind that these tend to be powerful, so you will want to keep an eye out for where you plan on using them.
- Handheld: Handheld vacuums are the perfect lightweight option for areas that might be more difficult to reach with a regular vacuum cleaner. The most common uses of a handheld vacuum are in the car, for curtains, furniture, and other areas that might be hard to reach with the use of a regular upright vacuum. Handheld vacuums are great for cleaning up all the dirt and debris in places that you might have missed otherwise.
In addition to some of the other features that we mentioned for pet hair vacuums, you may also want to give the brand some consideration. The ones that are trusted by many are sure to be the ones at the top of your list.
- Bissell: We have a few Bissell vacuums featured on our list of the best pet vacuums and for good reason- the brand is known for its high-quality vacuums all across the board. People have been trusting Bissell vacuums for all of their cleaning necessities, including for picking up pet hair.
- Dyson: No vacuum list would be complete without a Dyson vacuum. These have quickly risen to the top and are considered to be among the best on the market. Although they are a bit pricey, Dyson vacuums are innovative and powerful no matter how you use them.
- Shark: Shark vacuums are also among the best on the market. There are several options that are meant for picking up pet hair, but there are also many that work for all other purposes. You are sure to find what you need with this brand and not be disappointed.
The Best Vacuums for Pet Hair
This is considered to be one of the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair. It has a triple-action brush roll and scatter-free technology to ensure that you are picking up all of your pet’s hair. The brush roll will get deep into the fibers of your carpets to eliminate embedded pet hair and other debris.
The vacuum is also considered to be the best vacuum for pet hair and hardwood floors because the scatter-free technology will not allow the debris to scatter around your floors as you clean. It also has swivel steering to help you maneuver around furniture and other obstacles in your home. It has a cleaning path width of 13.5 inches to provide you with edge-to-edge cleaning.
As the best vacuum for pet hair 2020, it also comes with specialized pet tools that will allow you to get rid of pet hair more efficiently, such as the pet hair corner tool and pet tool. It has a dirt cup capacity of 1 liter that you can empty from the bottom very easily without making a mess.
The next option on our list is considered to be the best robot vacuum for pets. It has a three-stage cleaning system that can get rid of dust, dirt, and pet hair from both your hardwood floors and carpet. It has dual multi-surface brushes to gather all the dirt from your floors while the cleaning head can adjust its height to clean your floors adequately.
Considered the best robot vacuum for pet hair 2020, it even has dirt detect sensors so that it can work hard on areas where there is concentrated dirt or where there is a lot of traffic. It can get under your furniture and the edge sweeping brush works to get debris away from corners and edges. You can use the iRobot app to schedule and monitor your cleaning sessions, as well as use Alexa and Google Assistant for more convenience. This robot vacuum will run for up to 90 minutes and then it will dock and recharge automatically.
This is another vacuum from Bissell that is the best handheld vacuum for pet hair. It is also the best cordless vacuum for pet hair because it does not require the use of a cord, making cleaning a lot more convenient for you.
This option will help you to remove all the embedded dirt and pet hair in your floors or other surfaces. It also comes with a motorized brush tool, upholstery tool, and crevice tool so you can clean more surfaces and get a more thorough clean.
It has a dirt cup capacity of 0.7 liters and you can empty the dirt bin without difficulty. The triple-level filtration will also help to improve your performance.
Here is the best Shark vacuum for pet hair. Shark is one of the best vacuum companies on the market, so there is no surprise that one of their products is also on our list. It is specially formulated to clean pet hair from your floors, making it one of the best vacuum cleaners for pets on the market. It comes with a pet multi-tool and a pet power brush to really get deep into your floors to get rid of the pet hair and other dirt. It has a powered lift-away to provide extended reach on the stairs and more.
You can detach the canister so that you can deep-clean areas that are difficult to reach and keep the brushroll spinning and delivering lots of power. There is anti-allergen complete seal technology and an HEPA filter trap that can contain dust and allergens.
HEPA filters can help you if you have asthma, allergies, or other breathing problems that are triggered by allergens. You can easily control the device with the fingertip controls so you can switch between the hard floor mode and carpet mode.
This next option is considered to be the best canister vacuum for pet hair. It has a dust cup capacity of 2.5 liters, which is a lot larger than you typically would get with a vacuum cleaner. It is ideal for quick and efficient cleaning and you can use it for your house and car. You can easily pick up dust and pet hair because it comes with an entire set of tools that you can use on special surfaces such as stairs and upholstery.
It is lightweight, only weighing less than 9 pounds, so you will have an easier experience cleaning your house or car. It has a 20-foot power cord that you can use wherever you go. If you maintain the dust bag and motor filter, you can ensure that the canister vacuum will work at maximum capacity and you will be able to clean up all your pet hair and other dirt from your floors.
And finally, it is impossible to talk about vacuums without mentioning a product from Dyson. This is considered to be the best stick vacuum for pet hair. It is cordless and has a powerful suction. It also has a washable lifetime filter that allows you to empty it hygienically. You can use it for up to 40 minutes if you’re also using a non-motorized tool.
The vacuum is lightweight and versatile and it has stiff nylon bristles that get deep into your carpet to get dirt, pet hair, and more. You can use it on both hard floors and carpets to deep clean your home if you have a pet. It has whole machine filtration to capture allergens and other particles to also clean the air around you.
Even More Options
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Hand Vacuum 33A1
- Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
- Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- OPODEE Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Ultra-Strong Suction
When buying a pet hair vacuum, there are some factors that you will want to consider aside from the brand and type.
- Accessories: Accessories are an important part of getting a vacuum for pet hair. With accessories such as a pet hair tool and a pet grooming tool, you can get deep into surfaces to get all the pet hair and dirt in your carpets. There are even accessories that you can use to clean your pet directly and get rid of their loose hair before they have the chance to shed. With the right accessories, you can get a better clean.
- Filter: An HEPA filter, to be specific. These are able to capture up to 99.99% of allergens and other particles floating around in the air and in your carpets. Vacuums with these filters will keep the air cleaner than it was before and they eliminate the possibility of those particles being released back into the air through the exhaust.
- Ability to clean on multiple surfaces: If you have pets, floors aren’t the only surfaces that will need cleaning. Upholstery, curtains, and more will need it too. Also, make sure that you can use the vacuum on the type of floor you have, such as hardwood or carpet.
Now you have all the information you need to transform your home with a deep clean thanks to a high-quality pet hair vacuum. We have compiled a list of the best pet hair vacuums, as well as other tips and a buying guide that will help you to make the right decision. Now your home can be clean and fresh no matter how much your pet sheds.
You Might Also Like: