So many vacuum reviews tend to focus on vacuum cleaners that are great for carpets, but what about bare floors? The fact remains that hardwood floors can get all scratched up from using the wrong vacuum cleaner, so for people with hard floors, it’s essential to make sure that you get a great vacuum cleaner designed for hardwood floors.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the best vacuums for hardwood floors according to reviews, as well as everything you need to know when choosing the right vacuum.
- Different Types of Hardwood Floor Vacuums
- Top 5 Best Vacuums for Wooden Floors
- 1. Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum with Crevice Tool
- 2. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E Upright Vacuum
- 3. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670M Canister Cleaner for Carpets and Hard Floors
- 4. Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum 2156A Bagless
- 5. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum with WiFi Connectivity
- Even More Options
- Buying Guide
Different Types of Hardwood Floor Vacuums
As you begin looking for the best vacuums for hardwood floors, it is easy to notice how many different types of vacuums are available on the market. Here are the other options.
- Upright: This helps give your home a thorough and powerful cleaning; many of them come with accessories to make the job easier. They are known for how well they work on carpets, but you can safely use upright vacuums on hardwood floors, too.
- Handheld: Handheld vacuums are the perfect lightweight option if there are areas that you desperately need to clean that might be more difficult to reach with a regular vacuum cleaner. The most common uses of a handheld vacuum are in the car, curtains, furniture, and other areas that might be hard to reach with a regular upright vacuum.
- Robot: Robot vacuums are a lifesaver for many homeowners. These vacuums do not require much effort. Some robot vacuums have apps for you to download and control from your smartphone, and others come with their remote controls. All you have to do is press a button, and the robot vacuum will travel through your home on its own, sucking up all the dirt and debris in the meantime. Because of their compact size, robot vacuums can get under chairs and other furniture that might be difficult for you to get under with another type of vacuum. In addition, they come with a charging dock, which is where they rest and charge.
- Stick: Stick vacuums can get into small and narrow spaces that might have been difficult otherwise. They also work very well on surfaces such as hardwood floors, light carpets, and area rugs. They come with long handles, and they have a rather slender build. You will be able to store these easily because of their slim size. They are also very inexpensive.
- Canister: With a canister vacuum, the canister has wheels on it, and the wand part is handheld. These are great whether you want to clean your whole house or special surfaces. These are powerful vacuums that you can use on all different surfaces, including hardwood floors.
In addition to many of the other vital features that you will want to keep an eye out for, the fact remains that some vacuum brands are more trustworthy than others. Here are some of the most popular brands for hardwood floor vacuums.
- Bissell: Bissell has been around for a long time, and they’re known for their vacuums, carpet cleaners, and steam cleaners. Bissell vacuums are made of high-quality materials, and they get the job done well.
- Shark: Shark is another famous brand when it comes to vacuum cleaners. Shark’s products are popular both in the US and across the world, and they have products meant for use both at home and for commercial purposes.
Top 5 Best Vacuums for Wooden Floors
The first option on our list is considered one of the best vacuums for hardwood floors on the market. It comes with a powerful crevice tool that can get into all the nooks and crannies to keep your home nice and clean. In addition, the vacuum for hardwood floors is lightweight and compact, making it both easy to use and store.
It only weighs 2.6 pounds is enough to make this the favorite on many people’s lists. It has a power cord, which means that it is powered by electricity so that you can use this vacuum for more extended periods. The power cord is 15 feet, making it long enough that you won’t have to worry about tripping on it as you work throughout the room.
It comes with a removable floor nozzle that you can remove to use the vacuum as a hand vacuum on the floor or stairs. It works well on hardwood floors as well as carpets, area rugs, stairs, and upholstery. In addition, the vacuum is easy to empty due to its bagless cleaning technology.
Here is an excellent Shark vacuum for hardwood floors that will allow you to properly get into all the nooks and crannies of your home as you clean. It is considered to be the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors. In addition, it has portable cleaning power, which means that you can get every room in your house clean in no time, including all the furniture and other hard-to-clean areas.
The dust cup capacity is 0.67 liters, so you will be able to do a lot of cleaning before thinking about when to empty it. The vacuum is extremely light, which makes it the perfect lightweight option, so you won’t have to worry about hurting your back as you try to use it. It has a powerful suction that makes it great to use for quick pickups with multipurpose versatility.
In addition, the vacuum essentially comes with three vacuums in one: a stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum. It also includes a crevice tool that you can use in the cushions of your furniture and a floor nozzle for the stairs. You can use the vacuum on hard floors, and you can use it to clean surface dirt on carpets and area rugs.
Here is a great canister vacuum that is also among the best vacuums for bare floors. It has a dust cup capacity of 2.5 liters, which is much larger than you typically would get with a vacuum cleaner. As a result, it is ideal for quick and efficient cleaning, and you can use it for your house and car.
You can easily pick up dust and pet hair because it comes with an entire set of tools that you can use on special surfaces such as stairs and upholstery. The motor is powerful enough to provide continuous suction for deep cleanings. In addition, it is lightweight, only weighing less than 9 pounds, so you will have a more effortless experience cleaning your house or car.
It has a 20-foot power cord that you can use wherever you go. If you maintain the dust bag and motor filter, you can ensure that the canister vacuum will work at maximum capacity, and you will be able to clean up all your pet hair and other dirt from your floors. In addition, the dust bag is replaceable, and you will be able to get rid of the dust bag’s contents without touching anything.
In addition, it comes with a blower port to blow away dirt and debris if you want to clean outdoor spaces.
You can also use great canister vacuums for your hardwood floors. The Bissell Zing is one of the best canister vacuums. The innovative design of this product will give you a lot more leeway when you go to clean your house. This is one of the best vacuums for hardwood floors and carpets as well.
This vacuum has a dirt cup capacity of 2 liters, and it does not have any bags that you need to change. The dirt cup filters and the post-motor filter can gather more dust and particles than other kinds of filters do, and the best part is that you can wash these filters and reuse them again and again.
This sweeper hardwood floor vacuum has powerful suction and cyclonic action to allow you to clean your home thoroughly. You won’t have to worry about what kind of floors you have in your home because this vacuum will be able to do it all. You can easily clean carpets and hardwood floors with the simple push of a button.
This vacuum comes with a 15-foot cord to provide you with extra convenience as you’re cleaning. This cord also will retract when you push a button to make the device easier to store. In addition, the product weighs less than 8 pounds, which will make it a lot easier for you to use around your house.
This is considered to be the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors. It features a 3-stage cleaning system that works to loosen, lift, and suction dirt, hair, and dust from your carpets and hard floors. In addition, the product has dual multi-surface brushes, which will work to gather all the debris on your floors.
An auto-adjust cleaning head will readjust its height to clean your bare floors and carpets when necessary. The 657 also comes with an edge sweeping brush, which sits at a 27-degree angle. The purpose of this is to sweep away any dirt in areas that might be more difficult to clean, such as the corners or edges.
The Roomba has dirt detect sensors, which work to locate areas of your home that have more dirt, such as the kitchen, bathroom, or other high-traffic areas, and will program the device to work harder in those areas. As with all the vacuums manufactured by iRobot, this Roomba has WiFi connectivity, and you can use the iRobot HOME app to schedule when you need it to clean. You will also be able to monitor these cleaning sessions no matter where you are.
You may also use Google Assistant or Alexa to give voice commands to control the cleaning. The Roomba will clean for 90 minutes; then, it will return to its dock and recharge.
Even More Options
- Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-In-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Hoover BH50010 Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Dyson V7 Fluffy Cordless Stick Vacuum for Hard Floors
- Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister Cleaner for Hardwood Floors
- Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Cleaner
Although you have some options as far as the vacuum you can get for your hard floors, it’s always better to make an informed decision based on the different factors that go into getting a good vacuum. So here are some crucial features of vacuums for hardwood floors.
- Cordless vs. corded: The best vacuums for hardwood floors cordless are undoubtedly much more convenient than corded vacuums. Corded vacuums can be inconvenient depending on how long the cord is because you will be forced to plug it in and unplug it as you vacuum different rooms. But cordless vacuums operate with a battery, limiting how much time you can spend in each room.
- Bagged vs. bagless: There are a few differences between bagged and bagless vacuums to keep in mind. If you have allergies or asthma, bagged vacuums might be the better choice because you won’t be as exposed to allergens when you empty the bag. You will need to replace the bags frequently, but they’re easy to find. However, some people don’t want to replace bags, so they go for bagless options, which are also more environmentally friendly.
- Filters: If you have allergies or breathing problems, you should always check to see if your vacuum has a filter, especially HEPA filters. These can trap up to 99.97% of pollutants and prevent them from recirculating.
Hopefully, by now, you have found the answer to the question of “what is the best hardwood floor vacuum?” With any of these options and the wealth of information listed, you are sure to find the best vacuum for hardwood floors that suits your needs.