Getting a good toilet seat might not be at the top of your to-do list, but when you consider how much time people spend on the toilet, it is easy to see why it’s important to make sure that you’re getting a durable and comfortable toilet seat.
Although toilet seats don’t have too much of a purpose, getting a high-quality toilet seat can impact your experience when you go to the bathroom. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about getting the best toilet seat, as well as a list of some of the best toilet seats on the market in 2020.
- Different Types of Toilet Seats
- Top 5 Toilet Seats
- Buying Guide
Different Types of Toilet Seats
To begin with, there are two main toilet seats that are available on the market in 2020. Prior to purchasing the best toilet seat, it is ideal that you measure your toilet to find out which type you need to get.
- Elongated toilet seats: These toilet seats have an oval shape and are longer than a traditional round seat. In general, people believe that these seats are much more comfortable, although they may be a bit more expensive. You can find these toilet seats in different colors and materials. The toilet seat tends to measure at around 18.5 inches.
- Round toilet seats: Although elongated seats are considered to be the most comfortable, they are the most common type and they cost a bit less. These tend to be shorter and rounder in size. The toilet seat measures 16.5 inches, making it a great option if you’re a bit compromised on space in bathroom.
- Kohler: Kohler K is one of the best toilet seats available in 2020 for all different types of home appliances, but you can especially rely on Kohler K to provide high-quality and durable toilet seats.
- Bemis: Bemis is another great brand that many people rely on for style and design in 2020. It has created some of the best toilet seats on the market, and you can also find some great choices in its daughter brand, Mayfair.
Top 5 Toilet Seats
This first option is one of the best on the market in 2020, and it is also considered to be the best toilet seat for cleaning. The toilet seat can be removed easily for either cleaning or replacement. The toilet seat is made of durable enameled wood, which has a high-gloss finish unlike plastic while also being able to resist chipping and scratching.
The toilet seat is able to fit all round toilets, including ones made by all different brands. It is a durable toilet seat and is also considered to be the best toilet seat that doesn’t move. It is also easy to install on your toilet. In general, people were pleased with the quality and comfort of this toilet seat for their bathrooms.
Our next plastic toilet seat from Kohler K is considered to have the best toilet seat material in 2020 due to the fact that it is able to close slowly and quietly without slamming. The toilet seat also has grip tight bumpers that add stability to prevent the seat from shifting, also making this one of the best toilet seats that don’t move. You will be able to remove and clean this plastic toilet seat with ease thanks to the quick-release hinges without needing any tools to do so.
It is also easy to install and quiet to close. Even better, this is one of the best toilet seats for elongated toilets, since it is able to fit on most models. Elongated toilets are considered to be among the best, so if you are looking for something that is comfortable to sit on, then this toilet seat is a great option for you. The seat is made of durable plastic that is resistant to staining, fading, and chipping as well.
This next model can be considered one of the best toilet seats for a heavy person due to its durable material. The elongated seat’s design enables it to close slowly and quietly without slamming when you are finished. This will eliminate slamming when you close it after using the bathroom. In addition, the toilet seat is easy to install and remove due to the Top-Tite STA-TITE, which tightens from the top of the seat.
The elongated seat is easy to install from the top, so you won’t have to worry about the need to get down on your hands and knees. It has precision seat fit for front-to-back adjustability so that it can fit perfectly on the bowl. You may choose between the elongated and round models depending on what kind of toilet bowl you have and your personal preferences. The seat is made of durable enameled and molded wood that is able to resist chipping and scratching while maintaining a high-gloss finish. No matter which model you choose, it is sure to fit your round or elongated toilet bowl.
This next plastic toilet seat is one of the best new toilets of 2020 available at many retailers. The thing that many people liked about the next toilet seat on our list is the fact that it is cushioned, which means that it’s infinitely more comfortable to sit on.
While cushioned toilet seats do have a bad reputation due to the fact that the cushioning tends to rip easier, this plastic toilet seat is made of durable materials to ensure that it will last you just as long as a regular toilet seat would. It is a molded wooden seat as well, which provides the toilet seat with the long-lasting durability that it needs.
Another great feature of this plastic toilet seat is that it comes in several different colors, so you can find a color that matches your toilet or you can add a splash of color to your bathroom. The toilet seat is easy to remove from the toilet. It is also easy to clean; all you need is mild soap and water to clean the toilet seat. It’s also possible to purchase the plastic toilet seat in packs if you want to have more than one on hand. It is able to fit all round toilet bowls due to its round shape.
And finally, the last option on our list of the best toilet seats is a Bath Royale plastic elongated toilet seat that can fit all typical brands. The elongated seat is easy to clean due to the fact that it has a one-touch quick release, which enables you to get into the nooks and crannies while cleaning, making it easy to clean. It also has soft close features to prevent slamming and cracked toilets.
All you need to do is tap the elongated seat forward and watch it quiet close on its own. You also won’t have to be surprised when it closes loudly anymore. The plastic elongated toilet seat is made of polypropylene, which is known for being a type of plastic seat that is stain-resistant and non-absorbent while also providing a high-gloss finish. It is durable and long-lasting, and is considered to be one of the best toilet seats for heavy people, too. The toilet seat comes in a solid color that will neither chip nor fade.
Even More Options
- BEMIS 800EC 000 Plastic Seat Round Toilet Seat with Easy Clean & Change Hinges
- Delta Faucet Morgan Elongated Soft Close White Toilet Seat with Seat Bumpers
- Centoco 700-001 Round Molded Wooden Seat Heavy Duty
- Toto SS113#01 Transitional Soft Close Round Toilet Seat
- Church 585EC 000 Toilet Seat
Aside from some of the factors we mentioned throughout this article, there are also many things that you should consider about the toilet seat.
- Durability: While you probably aren’t going to put much thought into your new toilet seat for your bathroom, you most likely still want to avoid changing it every so often. Plastic toilet seats tend to be the most common. Even if it means that you’ll have to spend a little bit more, this will be money well spent because you won’t have to buy a new toilet seat for several years. Molded wooden seats tend to be the best, but lots of newer plastic seats are also stain- and scratch-resistant. Plastic seats tend to be less expensive.
- Noise: Have you ever used the bathroom in the middle of the night only for the toilet seat to slam shut when you close it? Lots of new toilets on the market aim to solve that issue with soft close features. Quiet close toilets are among the most popular. Toilet seats generally have padding or soft close features for a quiet close seat. All you need to do with these plastic toilet seats is lightly push the lid forward, and it will shut quietly on its own.
- Features: These certainly aren’t necessary, but some people might want to splurge and get a toilet seat for their bathroom that has unique features. For example, some of the best toilet seats with bidets enable people to feel cleaner and more sanitary. This is great if you don’t have the choice of installing a bidet in your bathroom. Some toilet seats have nightlights to help you see in the dark. Others are heating or deodorizing. And some come with less spectacular features such as quick-release, which enables you to simply pop the seat off the toilet when you’re ready to clean your bathroom.
- How easy it is to clean: Unfortunately, the fact remains that you’re still going to have to clean your toilet when you clean the bathroom. However, why shouldn’t you get a toilet that’s going to make the task a lot easier? The first type of seat that people tend to look for is a quick-release seat. As we mentioned in the last section, you can easily pop this seat off the toilet without requiring any tools. This will allow you to get in the crannies and hinges. Another option to consider is plastic. While plastic toilet seats might not be as durable as molded wooden seats, they are much easier to clean, and you have more options as far as what bathroom cleaning solutions you can use to clean these toilet seats with.
- How easy it is to install: Generally, you won’t have to worry about a toilet seat being difficult to install. It should only take you a few minutes to do, and you certainly don’t have to call someone else in. However, some toilet seats are easier to install than others, and ones with special features tend to be much more difficult.
- Comfort: As we said before, you probably aren’t giving much thought about your toilet seat, but it’s actually important to ensure that the seat is comfortable when you use the bathroom. Elongated seats tend to be more comfortable, but make sure that your toilet can support an elongated seat first. The seat’s material, design, and secure fit also will play a huge role. Some people prefer molded wooden seats, and others like the cushioning provided by padded seats. And some elongated toilet seats wiggle around a bit when you sit on them, but there are options that eliminate this. Round toilet seats are an option, too.
Again, your toilet seat isn’t going to play much of a role in your life, but it will become obvious to you how important it was to pay attention to your seat’s quality once you have a high-quality toilet seat while using the bathroom. Take the time to search for a great toilet seat for you and your family.