The Best Steam Shower Systems Review – Benefits for 2017
These days we’re far more in tune to what is healthy and what will take us down the road to deteriorating health before our time. Besides eating a healthy diet and getting enough exercise, many people are turning to spa like features at home to maintain and improve their mental and physical health. One of these items is the steam shower; you may or may not have heard about the benefits. You may already know someone enjoying the benefits that a steam shower has to offer, but did you know that you can enjoy these same benefits (and more) from the safety, privacy and comfort of your own home?
See Also: Massaging Shower Heads
If you’ve been to the steam shower at your local spa or gym you already know how wonderful they can feel. Step inside and your body immediately begins to relax, your skin to soak up the moisture available around it. Lovely! Here are some of the benefits that may not have occurred to you about owning your very own steam shower;
- Your own steam shower at home means that you’re not susceptible to germs and bacteria that may accumulate at your local spa or gym. Even the best cleaning regiment can overlook something for next customer.
- No more waiting or scheduling appointments. A steam shower at home is always available to you and you won’t have to work on someone else’s time frame to enjoy it.
- During cold winter months many of us would love nothing more than to hibernate until spring. Even the draw of a steam shower session might lose its appeal in the face of a snowstorm if it means you have to head out. Your personal steam shower means enjoying a steam session without having to get behind the wheel during inclement weather.
- You’re far more likely to use a steam shower at home since it not only saves you time, but also hassle factor, money, and the discomfort that some people feel about being in their bathing suits in public places.
Besides the benefits outlined above, your very own steam shower can offer so many wonderful health benefits for both you and your family. With more focus on overall health (and especially into the later years as our life spans increase exponentially), features like steam showers can provide us with just the health boosts our bodies and minds need.
- Better blood circulation. Your internal organs definitely get a boost with increased blood (and oxygen) flow, but did you know that your skin also benefits from an increased blood circulation? The oxygen that gets sent all over your body also benefits your skin, leaving it more elastic and better able to stave off those wrinkles and fine lines. Your skin also retains moisture better with a steam shower than with a standard rinse, also helping it increase elasticity and fending off signs of aging.
- Cleans out pores. Once again, skin care is improved by a steam shower as the heat opens and cleans out pores. Your pores absorb a lot of oil and blemish causing debris as you blissfully go about your day. The environment can be detrimental to good skin care, so help it by washing away all of that junk in an after work steam shower. Your skin will thank you!
- Releases toxic build up. Because we’re susceptible to our environments, our bodies also absorb toxins throughout our day. Eliminating these toxins can improve organ function, appetite and even healthy sleep patterns. A steam shower can help our bodies to get rid of these toxins and clean out our entire system.
- Decreases joint pain. If you’ve ever applied heat to sore joints, you already know of the relief that comes with it. Joint pain can inhibit exercise and even regular, low impact movement. The heat and moisture from a steam shower can help improve joints and decrease the subsequent pain that accompanies them.
- Decreases muscle aches. Knotted muscles can be a common complaint, but standing in a steam shower can immediately release some of these knots and relax sore muscles, leaving you better able to go about your day.
- Improves blocked airways. It’s no fun to suffer a stuffy nose or sore throat, and blocked airways can be greatly helped by standing for periods of time in your steam shower. This is wonderful for young children, but can also be a great relief for adults as well.