Pressure cookers are appliances that have been put to use in kitchens for several centuries. Naturally, as time went on, pressure cookers began to include all the bells and whistles of a modern appliance.
They essentially work using steam pressure. You fill the pot with food and seal the lid, which creates a lot of steam. This also builds pressure, which causes your food to cook a lot faster. For people who do not have time for slow cookers and slow cooking, pressure cookers might be the best option for your kitchen.
In this article, we will provide you with information on how to find the best pressure cooker, as well as some examples of the best electric pressure cookers and the best stovetop pressure cookers according to customer reviews.
- Different Types of Pressure Cookers
- Top 5 Best Electric Pressure Cookers
- 1. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2. Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- 3. Ninja FD401 Foodi 8-qt 9-in-1 Deluxe XL Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- 4. T-Fal Pressure Cooker, Stainless Steel Cookware, Model P25107
- 5. Mueller UltraPot 6Q Pressure Cooker Instant Crock 10-in-1 Pot
- Even More Options
- Buying Guide
Different Types of Pressure Cookers
- First Generation: These are considered to be the oldest types of pressure cookers. They release pressure with the use of a weight-modified valve and they let out a whistle when cooker pressure is released. This makes the types of pressure cookers the loudest ones. There is only one pressure level, too, which makes these older cookers harder to control.
- Second Generation: These pressure cookers are also known as stovetop pressure cookers. They include more modern features and improved safety. There are indicators that help you to recognize the pressure level and the cooker will only release steam when the lid is open. You have much more control over the pressure and these stovetop pressure cookers are not as noisy.
- Electric Cookers: Electric pressure cookers are, perhaps, the most common on the market due to all of the modern and advanced features that they have to offer. Instant Pot, Crock Pot, and Cuisinart pressure cookers are among some of the most popular on the market. They use a spring-loaded valve for more control over the pressure and you get several settings for easier cooking. Some of the settings may include a timer and dual pressure.
- Instant Pot: Without a doubt, Instant Pot may earn the number one spot for the most popular brand in America for pressure cookers and multi cookers. The brand claims to help you cook much faster by up to 10 times and by using 70 percent less energy.
- Presto: Presto is another brand popular for its high-quality kitchen appliances. Aside from pressure cookers, the brand also produces air fryers, deep fryers, coffee makers, egg cookers, and more.
- Mueller: Mueller is also a brand that has received positive ratings for its top-notch kitchen equipment. Aside from pressure cookers, the brand manufactures many types of home and kitchen appliances.
Top 5 Best Electric Pressure Cookers
This is considered to be the number one kitchen appliance for pressure cooking made in the USA. It is a multi-cooker and combines seven kitchen appliances into one product. It has all the bells and whistles, including a pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, warmer, slow cooker, and saute pan.
The cooker will cook your food 70 times faster than a regular pot or pan. Some of the food the Pot Duo can cook include poultry, yogurt, ribs, beans, rice, soup, dessert, and more with 14 Smart Programs. It is also made of stainless steel, making it more durable and easier to clean.
There are more than 10 built-in safety features such as safety lock and overheat protection to keep you and your family safe while pressure cooking. The Instant Pot Duo comes in 3, 6, or 8 quarts.
Here is another Instant Pot device that has received rave reviews. It also comes in 3, 6, or 8 quarts. This pressure cooker functions as a steamer, warmer, slow cooker, rice cooker, and pressure cooker, and it will cook your food 70 times faster than a regular pot or pan.
There are 12 one-touch Smart Programs that are built into the pressure cooker for your convenience, which will allow you to cook foods like dessert, rice, beans, soup, and more much faster while maintaining flavor. It also is made of stainless steel, which is fingerprint-resistant.
Some of the accessories that you will get with purchase include a steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, and condensation collector, all of which can be washed in the dishwasher. It also includes more than 10 safety features.
This Ninja electric pressure cooker is another great option. It comes in several sizes, including 5 quarts, 6 quarts, and 8 quarts.
You will be able to use this cooker for pressure cooking, air crisp, searing, sauteing, broiling, baking, steaming, slow cooking, dehydrating, and making yogurt. It has technology to provide a tender crisp to your food and it comes with an XL cook and crisp basket.
The device also comes with a deluxe reversible rack. You will be able to cook frozen meat in as quickly as 20 minutes while providing it with a crispy taste. It is made of high-quality materials.
This stovetop pressure cooker claims to cook your food up to 70 times faster than a regular pot while also maintaining the nutrients and flavor. It has 2 pressure settings of 10 and 15 PSI. The pot is 6 quarts and is made of stainless steel, so you will have an easier time cleaning it and the pot will last you a long time.
The main safety mechanism that this pressure cooker provides is a secure locking mechanism so you will have no trouble opening and closing the lid. It is safe to use for all heat sources, even an induction stove. You can use it to cook a wide range of meals, including chili, soup, and stew.
This pressure cooker combines 10 appliances into one, including a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, cake maker, yogurt maker, steamer, sterilizer, warmer, saute/searing, and egg cooker. It also comes with built-in settings to allow you to cook foods such as meat, stew, oatmeal, soup, poultry, and rice.
The pot is made with rubber seals, heat-resistant handles, and internal electronics. It comes with a stainless steel steamer basket so you can cook two meals at one time, a silicone gasket, measuring cup, and a ladle.
The pressure cooker also has 8 safety mechanisms for much safer cooking. It is made to preserve the nutrients and flavor in your food and it can also be used for canning fruits and vegetables.
Even More Options
- All American 941 Canner Pressure Cooker
- Presto 01264 6-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Yedi 9-in-1 Total Package Instant Programmable Pressure Cooker
- Fissler FISS-60070008079 Vitaquic Pressure Cooker Stainless Steel Induction 8.5 Quart
Here is some of our best advice for getting a pressure cooker. In addition, we have attempted to answer some of your questions about these products.
- What is the number one pressure cooker? This is a highly individual question. What one person likes and needs might not be what another person does. We’ve included several options that customers put to the test and enjoyed. But, without a doubt, Instant Pot cookers may earn the number one spot.
- Is it worth buying a pressure cooker? Pressure cookers are great if you don’t have time for a slow cook. In addition, they work well if you want to make healthy meals because they retain all the nutrients in your food. You do not need to use as much water for cooking vegetables and you also can preserve some of the flavor. Also, pressure cookers will save you more energy.
- Size: You will want to consider the size of the pressure cooker as you’re shopping. Not only so that you can make sure it fits on your kitchen countertop, but also so that you can get an idea of how much food you will be able to make. The more you cook on average, the larger the pressure cooker needs to be.
- Capabilities: One of the most important things is to see what your pressure cooker is capable of making. Most of the modern varieties provide you with ways to cook foods like rice, beans, soup, poultry, and more. A lot of people also look for advanced safety protection and how easy the appliance is to clean.
- Functions: Finally, you will want to check and see what functions the pressure cooker has. For example, is it a multi-cooker? Will you be able to cook in multiple ways? Many of these include functions such as rice cooker, slow cooker, warmer, and more.
There seem to be some worries about pressure cookers, but many of the modern versions are completely safe and function as multiple appliances in one. They are also made of sturdy materials.
If you want to save time and keep your kitchen clean as you’re on the go, it is definitely worth purchasing a pressure cooker.
We hope that this article helped you to make a more informed decision while shopping for a new cooker for your kitchen.