Are you someone who suffers from a lot of allergies, asthma, or other similar conditions? Are you worried about the viruses floating around? If so, it might be worth considering a home air monitor.
These devices are meant to measure the different compounds in the air and give you recommendations on what you should do to get rid of them.
In this article, we will provide you with more information about air quality monitors, including how to test air quality in your home, what you should look out for, and some of the best home air monitors according to customer reviews.
Different Types of Portable Air Quality Monitors
- Indoor vs. Outdoor: The main difference is that there are some air quality monitors that are meant to be used in the home and others that are meant to be used outdoors. However, many companies have created portable monitors that you can use to check the air quality both indoors and outdoors.
In addition to some other factors, you will also want to take into consideration the brand of the air monitor.
- Awair: Awair is a brand that specifically concentrates on manufacturing high-quality air monitors to provide you with an accurate reading of what’s in the air around you. You will be able to choose between all kinds of air monitors that are modern and innovative and available at all different prices.
Top 5 Best Indoor Air Quality Monitors
This air quality monitor will help you to track the 5 main factors that determine the air quality, which are fine dust, chemicals, CO2, humidity, and temperature. Keeping track of these elements will help you to improve your sleep, allergies, asthma, skin, and overall health.
You will be able to receive notifications and feedback in real-time so you can be better aware of what’s going on around you. This device also has a compatible app, the Awair app, which will help you to have more control over the air quality monitor.
You will be able to connect it to your smart devices, including your iPhone or Android. It also works with Alexa and Google Home. With the smart devices, you will be able to control the settings and also be able to manage multiple Awair devices throughout your home.
The Awair air quality monitor will be able to cover rooms up to 1,000 square feet.
This Yvelines air monitor will help you to be able to detect CO2, formaldehyde, TVOC, and particle matter. It also has a unique design and an LCD color display screen. The device will provide the average data for each gas over a period of time.
You will be able to carry it easily no matter where you go, making it the perfect portable air quality monitor. You can use it outside, in the kitchen, school, office, hotel, bedroom, or anywhere else. It is also a good device to have if you’re pregnant or you have children with you.
The air monitor comes with a rechargeable battery and a USB cable. You will be able to use it for 8-12 hours before it needs to be recharged. All you have to do to operate the monitor is press the functional button.
An alarm will sound if the air around you is unsafe and it will let you know of the actions you need to take. If you’re testing the indoors, make sure to close the doors and windows.
You need around 60 minutes if testing formaldehyde, TVOC, or CO2, and even less time if the space is smaller.
3. Air Quality Pollution Monitor, Formaldehyde Detector, Temperature and Humidity Meter, Sensor, Tester
This is a great air quality monitor that will measure the temperature, humidity level, formaldehyde concentration, TVOC, and fine particle dust matter. Having an air quality monitor like this is important because it could make a world of a difference for your health.
It’s a portable air quality monitor, so you will be able to take it with you in the car, to your office, or anywhere else. It also includes a stand if you want to use it at home. It has a lithium battery to provide charge when you’re out and about, and it also comes with a USB cord.
The monitor has a built-in fan that draws in air to provide you with measurements in real-time. It also has a laser sensor that will measure the different levels of the dust particles and other compounds in the air. This monitor will also calibrate in fresh air.
If you and your family are suffering from different health issues and suspect that you have sick building syndrome, then it will be worth getting this monitor because it can detect compounds like formaldehyde that can exacerbate such symptoms.
It will also inform you of where your allergies will be worse and where the air quality is poorer on a constant basis. Plenty of people who purchased this product were pleased with the accurate readings that it provided.
Here is another indoor air quality monitor that works well outside, too. It will give you an accurate measurement of compounds such as acetone, formaldehyde, gas, pollutants, mold, dust, methanol, and more. It’s portable, so you will be able to take it with you wherever you go.
You can even hook the device onto your bag or belt. It also has a battery life of 7 days, which means that you can use it for a long time before it needs to be charged. It works accurately both inside and outside the home and you will be able to test for many different pollutants at once.
It has many purposes as well, since it includes a weather station that provides readings for the atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity sensors both inside and outside.
In addition to all of that, the air quality monitor has a mobile app that will allow you to control the device and get more information on the readings it provides. You will immediately receive a notification if the air quality drops to a certain point.
This is another portable air quality monitor that will help you to get accurate readings of the environment around you. It can test for substances such as formaldehyde, TVOC, and fine dust particles.
Being able to control and monitor the presence of these compounds in the air can help you to find out the cause for odors in your home or the cause of some health problems that you and your family members might be facing.
It is possible for these substances to cause allergies, asthma, and more, so you will definitely want to consider getting a high-quality air monitor.
This air monitor has a stand so you can keep it in one room, or it has the ability to spot-check anywhere you go. It’s perfect for any room in your house, as well as cars or hotels. You can leave it on for 2 days continuously so it can monitor the air. It also has a battery to provide power if you are unable to charge it with the USB cord.
The information is displayed on an LCD screen. The monitor has an advanced fan that will draw in air to provide you with real-time measurements, too.
Even More Options
- Air Quality Monitor IGERESS Multifunctional Indoor Pollution Detection Meter
- IQ Air [AirVisual Pro] Smart Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality Monitor
- Temtop M10 Air Quality Monitor
- Kaiterra Laser Egg + Chemical: Indoor Air Quality Monitor
- Air Quality Monitor BIAOLING Accurate Tester for CO2, Formaldehyde, TVOC
There are lots of things to consider before purchasing an air quality monitor. Here are some of the factors you should consider.
- Sensor precision: How well the sensor precision is will ultimately have an impact on how good the product works. Obviously, if it provides you with an inaccurate reading, then it will make purchasing the product a waste of money.
- Capacity: You will also want to consider the range of the area the particular indoor air quality monitor is capable of covering. You will want to check the size of the room and whether or not the device can cover that. There are air monitors that can cover larger rooms, but they are more expensive.
- Smart features: Many modern air quality monitors have smart features, including WiFi connectivity, Alexa compatibility, and more. If your air monitor has these features, you will be able to control the quality of your air and get notifications when you’re not home.
- Response time: It’s also important that your portable air quality monitor has a fast response rate. This essentially means that it will notify you immediately if it detects any changes in the air or if the quality is less than what it should be.
Getting a good air quality monitor could help you to know more about the air in your living space, which will improve your health and your quality of life. Now you know everything you need to about finding and choosing the perfect air quality monitor.
You Might Also Like: Best Air Purifier Reviews