Electric stoves are great options for those who live in a dorm, want to go camping, or participate in any other activity where their access to a typical stove would be limited. In addition, plenty of people like to have electric stoves at home because of how small and convenient they are for everyday use.
Most electric stoves can be placed on the countertop, are lightweight, and easy to carry around with you, which could make electric stoves the ideal product to add to anyone’s list who enjoys cooking. They’re not too difficult to clean, as most of them can be cleaned simply using a wet cloth.
In this article, we will review the different types of electric stoves and the top-rated electric stoves according to customer reviews.
Different Types of Electric Oven Ranges
Electric stoves have especially grown popular because of how energy-efficient they are. They do not use up that much electricity and are considered to be better for the environment. Here are some of the most common types of electric stoves.
- How many burners does it have?: Depending on how often you need to use the electric stove, where you need to use it, and the purpose it has, you will need to consider how many burners it has. Most electric stoves have one or two. One burner would be easier to carry around and take with you if you intend on having something portable, but two burners are a better option if you want to cook at home and make multiple dishes at once.
- What kind of heating elements it has: The way that the stove heats up is another important factor to consider. Most of them will heat up using spiral coils or solid disks and will heat up similar to a regular stove. But there is another option that has dominated the market recently, which is the induction stove. These do not reach high temperatures and the cooking surface is flat and smooth. It is only heated by the pot. But, if you get an induction stove, you will also have to purchase special cookware to go along with it.
- Duxtop: Duxtop is a relatively difficult brand to find anywhere else outside of Amazon, but it was included on our list because of the reviews that its products get. Duxtop is known for making induction stoves, which are a bit safer to have at home especially if you have small children since the surface does not heat up that much. Duxtop makes a variety of different induction stoves, some of which we included in the next section.
- Cuisinart: Cuisinart is a brand that tends to top many kitchenware lists because of how popular and durable its products are. Cuisinart makes a variety of different kinds of products, some of which include coffee makers, grills, blenders, saucepans, and more. Their electric stoves have also received good reviews.
Top 5 Best Electric Stoves
According to electric stove reviews, this countertop stove from Duxtop is the one that has received the highest number of reviews and has 4.5 stars out of 5. This is an induction countertop stove that is both lightweight and compact, enabling you to store it easily and use it whenever you want to. It features a digital control panel, which has a count-down timer that can count up to 170 minutes. It has a temperature range from 140 degrees to 460 degrees Fahrenheit and 10 power levels ranging from 200 to 1800 watts. Since this electric stove does not require the use of an open flame in order to operate, it means that your food will not burn on its glass cooktop. That makes cleanup even easier- all that you’re going to need is a damp towel to do so. It also has a 7-blade fan that is meant to quickly cool down this electric stove, which will also ensure that you will have this stove ready to use for many years to come. If the stove detects that it has not been in use for 60 seconds, it will automatically turn off. It also has a diagnostic error message system and a low and high voltage warning system. But it is important to keep in mind that, since this is an induction electric stove, you will need to use cookware that has a magnetic bottom.
Here is another electric stove that has received positive ratings according to electric range reviews. When you purchase this product, you will have the option to choose between the 750 watts version, the 1,000 watts version, or the 1,500 watts version. Each of these will cook your food at different speeds, and the higher the power, the faster your food will cook. This product has temperature control and low, medium, high, off, and warm settings. It is made of heavy-duty cast iron, which makes this electric stove durable and easy to clean, making it even more convenient for you to use. There is a power indicator light that turns bright red to let you know that the oven is on. It has a non-stick plate to ensure that cooking will be made easier. You can cook a wide variety of foods with this product, including your breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This Ovente option is another inexpensive electric stove and is among the top-rated electric ranges. You can choose between the one plate or the two plate options. It is powered by 1,000 watts and uses infrared technology to heat your food quickly and evenly. Gone are the days when your food would have some cold spots and some hot spots. It works well with any type of cookware, so you don’t have to go out and buy a whole new set of pots and pans in order to accommodate for this. Try to use a flat piece of cookware that is close to 7 inches. The electric stove has the ability to handle 3 kilograms of food. It is portable and made out of a stainless steel material to ensure the best use. It is able to fit on any countertop and is slim and light, so if you want to take it with you on the go, this would be a great option for doing so. It’s easy to clean as well because of the crystallite glass material on the surface. You don’t need to use any special materials to do so- all you need is a damp cloth. The stove also has temperature control ranging from 1 to 5 and the temperatures range approximately between 105 degrees and 212 degrees Fahrenheit.
Again, you may choose to purchase this electric stove as a single or as a double burner. It is compatible with all kinds of pots and pans that are 7 inches in diameter. It also works with pots and pans that are made of glass, copper, cast iron, aluminum, and other materials. The electric stove will only take minutes to heat up and it’s powered by 900 watts of energy (per burner). You can cook all kinds of food, including soup, grilled cheese, eggs, sauce, boil water, pasta, vegetables, and more, making sure to close the lid on your cookware when doing so. It’s small enough for you to use in your RV, dorm, or anywhere else where it is necessary to have a small and compact stove. When you want to clean it, all you need to do is wipe the electric stove down with a damp cloth. The stove is safe because of the infrared technology and how it does not emit radiation. The stove is made of stainless steel to ensure that it will last you as long as possible and the cooktop is ceramic.
Cuisinart is a brand that is known for producing some of the best kitchen appliances on the market, so perhaps it is not surprising that one of their electric stoves also made it on our list of the best electric oven ranges. This product features 2 cast iron plates, which are guaranteed to last you a long time due to the durable materials. The dimensions of this stove are 5.75 x 22.5 x 15.25 inches. It is powered by 1800 watts of energy and will heat up quickly. The primary burner is powered by 1300 watts, whereas the smaller burner is powered by 500 watts. There are 6-setting temperature controls, one for each burner. There are also lights that let you know when one of the burners is on and adjustable thermostats. In addition, there is another light that lets you know when the product is heated up enough for you to start cooking. The product also has no-slip feet, which will allow you to have complete control when you’re cooking.
Even More Options
In addition to several of the features that we listed above, there are some more things that you will want to look for when you purchase an electric stove.
- Temperature control: All electric stoves come with some sort of dial that will allow you to control the temperature it reaches. They generally will have these dials at the front of the device for easier control. Some electric stoves will have the temperatures set in increments of degrees, whereas others will simply have the levels listed out. You will also want to make sure that the electric stove is able to get as hot as you need it to.
- Material: It’s a good idea to see what kind of material the stove is made out of. Most of them are made of stainless steel or ceramic to ensure that they will last you a long time.
- Ease of use: Part of the reason why people look to buy electric stoves is because of how convenient they are. You are able to take them with you wherever you want to and they need to be able to make cooking a lot easier for you. Therefore, you will want to make sure that the stove has easy instructions, that the dials are easy to follow, and most of all, that it’s easy to clean. Most electric stoves can simply be cleaned with a damp cloth and you don’t even need to use the same type of cleaner that you would with a regular stovetop.
- Design: The design is also important, especially if you plan on using your electric stove in a smaller kitchen or outside of the home. They generally are either freestanding or slide-ins. The freestanding models have to have their backs to your kitchen wall, which won’t make them a good choice for those who want an electric stove to take with them places. But slide-in models are great for use anywhere. You can put this in the middle of your kitchen island or anywhere else you see fit. It’s important to note that you need to take care to check the dimensions, too.
There are plenty of companies that manufacture electric stoves for your convenience, but knowing what you’re looking for will greatly help you to narrow down your options. We provided you with 10 of the best electric stoves according to customer reviews, and each of them was lightweight, portable, easy to clean, durable, and great for use on your regular countertop, in the dorm, in an RV, or anywhere else that you might need an electric stove. They’re all relatively inexpensive, too, so you won’t need to spend a lot of money for this added convenience.