If you love to cook barbecue or grill in general but don’t want to spend all the money maintaining a regular propane grill, then it’s definitely worth looking into purchasing an electric grill. Electric grills are perfect for use either indoors or outdoors, and you can grill some of your favorite foods right from the comfort of your own kitchen countertop. There are many types of electric grills with all kinds of different features and functions. In this article, we will give an overview of the different types of electric grills, some of the most popular electric grill brands, and finally, a list of the best electric grills on the market according to customer reviews.
- Top 10 Best Electric Grills
- Different Types of Electric Grills
- Electric Grill Reviews
- Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler, GR-4N
- George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press GRP1060B
- Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Viewing Window and Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate
- George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill GGR50B
- Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle with Removable Handles
- Even More Options
- Buying Guide
Top 10 Best Electric Grills
Different Types of Electric Grills
When shopping for an electric grill, it’s important to take note of the fact that there are many different kinds. Here are the different types of electric grills to help you narrow down your choices.
- Outdoor: There aren’t many differences between outdoor electric grills and your traditional propane grills, but you will need to find an electrical outlet if you have an outdoor electric grill. They do not require much effort and you will simply need to preheat the grill before you start cooking. You will save a lot of money because you won’t need to spend as much on gas, charcoal, or anything else that would be necessary with a regular grill. These are considered to be better for the environment and they have the ability to cook your food more evenly.
- Indoor: There are also indoor grills on the market. Some people might not understand the point of grilling indoors, but for one, if you live somewhere where there are bitter winters, having an indoor grill won’t limit your abilities to eat your favorite foods. In addition, some landlords won’t allow their tenants to have grills outdoors, so this will be a great alternative. In addition, there are some grills that can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Electric griddles: Griddles are flat and smooth and there is nowhere for any of the extra liquid to drain out. These are better for making foods such as eggs, French toast, pancakes, and other foods. If you like to make breakfast foods, vegetables, and even fruits, then an electric griddle will be a good option for you because these foods do not produce the grease that meat does.
- Electric smoker: The purpose of an electric smoker is to cook the meat more slowly in order to preserve the flavor. If you leave meat on the smoker for longer periods of time, there will be more flavor. These tend to be more expensive than the other options listed.
Besides the different types that are available, many people also consider the brand of electric grill before they purchase. There are brands are much more well-known than others. Here are some of the most popular electric grill brands.
- George Foreman: This is undoubtedly the most popular brand of electric grills that were made popular by the boxing champion George Foreman. Over 100 million George Foreman electric grills have been sold across the world and for good reason- these grills are made of top-quality materials.
- Cuisinart: Cuisinart is another brand popular for its appliances, including electric grills.
Electric Grill Reviews
Cuisinart is well-known for producing all kinds of kitchen appliances, as we mentioned in the previous section, so it comes to no surprise that the number one spot for the best electric skillet goes to one that was manufactured by Cuisinart. This product’s dimensions are 13.5 x 11.5 x 7.12 inches, which also makes it one of the best indoor electric grills. It’s a 5-in-1 grill, which means that it can be used as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, and a half grill, half griddle. You can fully open the grill and use both sides for cooking if you want to make even more food. The exterior is made out of a durable stainless steel material and it has a sturdy handle. The cover is floating, which will help to ensure that the food remains thick. The cooking plates can be removed for easy cleaning and may even be washed in the dishwasher. They help to drain grease into the drip tray, which further promotes healthy cooking. There are temperature controls on the device so you can adjust the temperature as you want to. The grill also comes with indicator likes. Along with the grill, you will receive a book on gourmet recipes and a scraping tool.
This is the most popular indoor grill made by the brand George Foreman and is also considered to be one of the best electric grills for indoors. It has the capacity to make 4 servings and is 60 square inches. That means you will be able to use this for multiple different purposes and it will work even if you have a small kitchen and are limited on counter space. Therefore, that makes this grill one of the best countertop grills, too. You will be able to make a delicious meal for 4 people and cook multiple different types of foods on this grill, including steaks, vegetables, and more. The plates are removable and the goal is to make cleaning easier for you. When you’re done with your cooking, you can throw the plates in the dishwasher so that they can be clean for every use. One of the best features of this electric grill is that it has 35 percent faster heat up, which means all of your meals will be ready in much less time! The grill is also made with a nonstick coating so you will have a much easier time cleaning. The coating is said to be 3 times more durable and you won’t need to use butter or oil while cooking. The grill also features a sloped grilling surface, which claims to help remove 42 percent of fat from meat, which will allow you to have healthier meals.
Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Viewing Window and Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate
Hamilton Beach is another popular brand when it comes to indoor kitchen appliances, especially electric grills. It is also considered to be one of the best electric skillets according to electric skillet reviews. You can sear meat at 450 degrees or use the temperature dial included on the grill to ensure that your meat is exactly as you want it. The indoor grill comes with a hood and a high searing heat so that you can have grill marks on your food. Closing the hood will help to keep all the juices and flavors locked into your meat. You can serve 6 people while cooking with this grill as it has a 118 square inch grilling surface. You also will have the ability to grill all year long, including during those cold winter months. If you want to cook with the hood lowered, there is a window on the hood that will allow you to monitor your food as it’s grilling, which will allow the heat to remain inside the grill. It’s also easy to clean- the grill plate, hood, and drip tray can be removed and washed in the dishwasher when you’re done cooking. The large drip tray will catch juices as your food cooks so the juice doesn’t spill onto your counter. There are lights that show when the device is powered up and preheating. In addition to steak, burgers, and other typical barbecue foods, you will be able to grill fruit, vegetables, pizza, chicken, fish, and more with this grill.
According to electric grill reviews, this George Foreman product for both the indoors and outdoors is also a winner. It has enough space to cook 15 servings and the 240 square inches of cooking space will make the perfect spot for all your events and parties. The grill is covered in a non-stick coating to make it easier to clean and so that you don’t need to worry about using oil or butter. There is a light that indicates the temperature. It also has a removable stand so you can use this both indoors and outdoors. Simply remove the stand when you want to take the grill indoors. There is an adjustable temperature control that lets you choose between 5 different settings so you can have your food cooked just the way you like it. You can use this if you live in your apartment because it does not require the use of charcoal or propane. If you close the lid vent, you will be able to keep moisture in your foods, or you can leave it open if you want your food to be a bit drier. With the pedestal, this grill is around 38 inches.
This grill is made out of plastic and metal, yet it also was one of the best electric grills on Amazon and it’s fairly inexpensive. It has a non-stick surface so you don’t have to worry about your food sticking to the grill and burning. This also makes the grill easy to clean. There is a slide-out drip tray as well that you can easily remove and clean. There is heat control, which will allow you to adjust the temperature to where it needs to be. The griddle can be used with the heat control removed. If you want to detach the handles from the griddle, you simply need to open the latch clips. You will be able to store this in your kitchen cabinets and use it on your countertops. This electric grill has a cooking area of 231 square inches.
Even More Options
In addition to some of the features that we listed in previous sections, there are some other factors that you will want to look out for when you purchase an electric grill.
- Material: The material will also play a huge role when it comes to the electric grill that you choose. You can choose from the best ceramic skillets, which have a ceramic coating. There are also some made of stainless steel. Regardless of the material you choose, it is important to make sure that there is some sort of non-stick coating on your grill. This will prevent the food from sticking and it will make cleanup a lot easier.
- Size: When purchasing an electric grill, it is also important to consider what size you’re getting. For one, this will depend on how many people there are in your family. There are some grills that can cook around 4 settings, and then there are grills that can cook as many as 15 settings. Depending on what you need the grill for, this is something that needs to be considered. In addition, you will want to make sure that your electric grill will be able to fit in any space you put it. Many are suited for smaller kitchen countertops.
- Temperature: Most electric grills have some sort of temperature dial that will allow you to adjust the temperature as necessary. Make sure you check the limits of the temperature and how hot the grill can get to see if it can cook your favorite foods.
Electric grills can be a huge convenience for you if you live in a place where it gets cold in the winter, if your landlord does not allow regular grills, or if you simply want a small grill for your kitchen. They will cook your foods more evenly and thoroughly than regular grills, and the best part is that they are available for a fraction of the price.